Revive these favorite appetizer from the ‘50s for your crowd. Make a batch ahead and refrigerate, covered tightly with plastic wrap, up to four hours ahead.
- 3 ounces ham (thinly sliced)
- 3 ounces Swiss cheese slice
- 8 cherry tomatoes
- 8 green olives (pimiento stuffed)
- dijon mustard
- 32 slices rye bread (Party)
- Spread mustard on one side of half the bread. Spread horseradish on one side of the remaining slices. Cut ham into 8 pieces and each slice of cheese into fourths. Place one slice Swiss cheese on 8 slices of bread with mustard. Top with bread spread with horseradish, then ham slice. Top with bread spread with mustard, then American cheese. Place remaining bread atop cheese.
- Divide olives and tomatoes among cocktail picks and skewer sandwiches.