Ever seen cow tongue at the deli or butcher and wondered what in the world you would do with it? With this recipe for Coahuila-style Tongue, you can now try cow tongue without reservations. Seasoned with salt and wrapped in foil, the beef tongue is slowly steamed on a low heat to ensure tenderness. Once it has been shredded, you can use this Coahuila-style Tongue for tacos or any other dish for which you need shredded meat.
- 1 beef tongue
- 2 cups water
- Wash the tongue.
- Place over aluminum foil.
- Season with salt to taste.
- Wrap the tongue with the foil.
- Place the tongue in the steamer. Add water in the bottom part and cook over very low heat for 8 hours.
- Remove the tongue and “peel” it.
- Shred it using a knife and fork.
- Serve warm.