Coahuila-style TongueLa Cocina Mexicana de Pily
Ever seen cow tongue at the deli or butcher and wondered what in the world you would do with it? With this recipe for Coahuila-style Tongue, you can now try cow tongue without reservations. Seasoned with salt and wrapped in foil, the beef tongue is slowly steamed on a low heat to ensure tenderness. Once it has been shredded, you can use this Coahuila-style Tongue for tacos or any other dish for which you need shredded meat.
- 1 beef tongue
- 2 cups water
- 1Wash the tongue.
- 2Place over aluminum foil.
- 3Season with salt to taste.
- 4Wrap the tongue with the foil.
- 5Place the tongue in the steamer. Add water in the bottom part and cook over very low heat for 8 hours.
- 6Remove the tongue and “peel” it.
- 7Shred it using a knife and fork.
- 8Serve warm.