Rachel Ray Show website
- all purpose flour (for dusting)
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- 1 large egg (for egg wash)
- 3 slices sliced ham (thinly, cut into 3-inch rectangles)
- 1/2 cup gruyère cheese (grated)
- 24 hot dogs (mini)
- salt (Maldon, for garnish)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard
- 1 1/4 cups whole milk
- 1 cup gruyère cheese (grated)
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Prepare a cookie sheet with parchment paper and cooking spray.
- Lightly flour a work surface. Roll out puff pastry into a large rectangle about 14x11". Cut lengthwise into 6 1-inch strips. Cut each strip crosswise into 4 rectangles.
- In a small bowl, whisk together egg and 1 tablespoon water to create an egg wash. Set aside.
- On each rectangle of pastry dough, place a piece of ham followed by 1 teaspoon of cheese. Place a mini hot dog on top and roll to enclose the hot dog; use egg wash to seal. Place rolled pigs onto a cookie sheet about an inch apart from each other brush the tops with egg wash. Sprinkle with maldon salt and bake for 15 minutes.
- For the Spicy Mustard Gruyère Fondue, melt butter in a medium saucepot over medium heat. Whisk in flour and mustard. When mixture begins to bubble, slowly add in milk, whisking constantly. Cook until mixture begins to thicken. Remove from heat and stir in cheese. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with Cordon Bleu Pigs in a Blanket warm with Spicy Mustard Gruyère Fondue alongside for dipping.
|Calories1490Calories from Fat1060|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat1060|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.