Clementine CakeLa Cocina de Babel
Clementines are the feature and centerpiece of this deliciously moist bundt cake. Made with clementine puree and grated chocolate, this bundt cake embraces the beautiful combination of orange and chocolate. Made with ground almonds, this bundt cake is wonderfully moist and also gluten free. Bake time on this bundt cake is 30 minutes. Allow yourself plenty of time for making the clementine puree as it needs at least a half hour.
- 5 clementines (or mandarin oranges, well-washed and whole with their peel)
- butter (for greasing the pan)
- 6 large eggs
- 200 grams sugar
- 225 grams ground almonds
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 100 grams dark chocolate (grated)
- 1Place the oranges in a pan and cover them with water.
- 2Bring to a boil then lower the heat and simmer them for 2 hours. You can also do this in the microwave for 30 minutes.
- 3Remove the seeds and blend the flesh and skins together.
- 4Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- 5Grease a 20-centimeter bundt cake pan.
- 6Beat together the eggs, sugar, almonds, and baking powder in a bowl.
- 7Then add the oranges and mix well.
- 8Add the grated chocolate first into the bundt pan.
- 9Then cover the chocolate with the batter.
- 10Bake 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- 11If it seems that the cake is browning too fast, cover the top with
- 12aluminum foil.
PER SERVING *
|Calories870Calories from Fat440|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat440|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.