- 1 cup brown rice (uncooked, I used long grain)
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup walnuts (coarsely chopped, I buy cheaper walnut pieces)
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce (divided, I used non-GMO liquid aminos)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons coconut oil (divided*)
- 1 onion (small, finely chopped)
- 2 portobello mushrooms (large, sliced)
- 2 broccoli (crowns, including stems, coarsely chopped)
- 1 1/2 cups peas (frozen or fresh)
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil (optional)
- 4 green onion (sprigs, chopped)
Kristina B. 5 Sep 2018
Easy and healthy! I only use half an onion and just 1 cup of peas. When I put the broccoli in the pan, I add a spoonful of water and steam it for 2min, stir, the add another spoonful of water and steam 1min. Makes 4 portions. Top with sriracha!
Megan G. 28 Jul 2017
So good! I'm not a mushroom fan, but the portobellos and walnuts went together SO well! Definitely a repeat recipe!