- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 onion (diced)
- 4 cloves garlic (minced)
- 4 tomatoes (ripe, diced)
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup penne (uncooked whole grain)
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese (cut into small cubes)
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan
- 8 basil leaves (cut into thin strips)
|Calories320Calories from Fat140|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat140|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Cassie Altman 13 days ago
turned out nice i added spinich onions and more veggies to the recipe
Cat Weaver 20 Jan
very tasty. would add a little more pasta.
Brandi 17 Jan
I made this in one skillet instead of the crockpot. I cooked the garlic, onions, & tomato while I cut up the chicken. I tossed in the chicken. When it was cooked, I added 3/4 cups of milk (to cut the fat/calories), 2 cups of penne pasta and simmered until the pasta was cooked. I ended up having to add a bit more milk during this process. I added the cheeses and basil, stirred a few times to melt and mix the cheeses, then served. It was really good!
Anne White Goodhart 14 Jan
I read the previous review and added a can of corn and more spices. I also added a full pound of pasta and 16 ounces of heavy cream. Came out amazing!
Marcelyn 12 Jan
I will make this again, but not in the slow cooker. The pasta did not cook evenly. The chicken needs more seasoning. I also added a half jar of marinara sauce because it was a bit dry. I will use these ingredients but do it in the oven.