- 6 dried shiitake mushrooms
- 1/2 pound pork (outside muscle or knuckle, 3/4” dice)
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce (light)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce (dark)
- 1 tablespoon chinese rice wine
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- fine salt
- white pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 chinese sausage (sliced diagonally into 1/4“ pieces)
- 1 cup white rice (rinsed and drained)
- 1 1/2 cups pork stock
- 2 scallions (finely chopped)
- 1. In a small bowl, soak the mushrooms in warm water until soft, about 30 minutes. Rinse the mushrooms and pat dry. Remove the stems, thinly slice the caps, and set aside.
- 2. Mix the pork, brown sugar, cornstarch, oyster sauce, light soy sauce, dark soy sauce, rice wine, sesame oil, 1/8 salt, and 1⁄4 teaspoon of pepper in a medium bowl. Cover and place in the refrigerator to marinate for at least 20 minutes.
- 3. In a wok or large nonstick pan over high heat, add the vegetable oil, swirling to coat. Add the garlic and stir-fry until fragrant, about 20 seconds. Add the marinated pork and stir-fry for 1 minute. Add the sausage and shiitake mushrooms, stir-fry for 30 seconds more. Transfer to a platter and set aside.
- 4. Place the rice and pork stock in a clay pot or heavy metal pot and bring to a boil, covered, over medium-high heat. Reduce the heat and simmer, allowing the rice to steam for 15 minutes.
- 5. Spread the pork stir-fry over the rice and continue to steam, covered, over low heat until the chicken is cooked through, about 5 minutes, you want the pork to be served medium. Stir thoroughly, garnish with scallions and serve immediately.