- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (about 1-1/2 lbs.)
- 2 eggs (slightly beaten)
- 1 cup fresh breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 jar ragu old world style pasta sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (about 4 oz)
- Preheat oven to 375°. Dip chicken in eggs, then bread crumbs, coating well.
- Heat olive oil in 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat and brown chicken; drain on paper towels.
- Evenly spread 1 cup Pasta Sauce in 13 x 9-inch baking dish. Arrange chicken in dish, then top with remaining sauce. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese and, if desired, grated Parmesan cheese. Bake 25 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly cooked.