- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion (medium, finely chopped)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 3 stalks celery (chopped)
- 3 carrots (medium, peeled and chopped)
- 3 cups chicken (cooked, shredded)
- 7 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups white rice (cooked)
- 1 tablespoon whole grain dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper (freshly)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
PER SERVING *
|Calories350Calories from Fat80|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat80|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Jennifer P. 18 Jan
Turned out great! I added some squash and had to cook rice and chicken separately before mixing but overall easy and good!
Julie S. 20 Nov 2017
Very good, added some red pepper
MikesMandy 24 Sep 2017
This soup was great and easy to prepare! I made some adjustments by using 3 chicken thighs instead of breasts. I boiled the thighs in Better Than Bullion, and then used the leftover broth for the soup, making sure it added up to 7 cups as instructed. I did not use the Dijon mustard. Finally, I added extra white rice to our bowls after serving the soup. This way the pot did not lose its broth from so much rice sitting in it. Yum!
KristiAllen 21 Sep 2017
It is the best chicken and rice soup I have ever ate. But I did modify it. After cooking it twice I continue to lower the amount of rice. The first time it was more like "Chicken and Rice with some broth". The second time I used 3/4 cup rice and it was "Chicken and Rice with more broth." But no biggie. Really good.
firstname.lastname@example.org winn 28 Nov 2016
I've made this a few times already. It's perfect comfort food. Not so difficult to make. I will make it every time I crave chicken rice soup.