Originally from Down South, and once the signature dessert at the Waldorf-Asotria in the 1920s, the Red Velvet Cake has become an American favorite. It's hip, fun, and easy to make. Red Velvet -- in cake or cupcake form -- is a hit at every party.
- 1 package Duncan Hines® Signature Red Velvet Cake Mix
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1 container Duncan Hines® Creamy Home-Style Cream Cheese Frosting
- 0sprinkles (or additional garnishes)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease muffin pans or line with paper baking cups.
- Blend dry mix, water, oil and eggs in large bowl at low speed until moistened (about 30 seconds). Beat at medium speed for 2 minutes. Spoon batter into muffin pan or paper cups.
- Bake cupcakes for 19-22 minutes. Add 3-5 minutes to bake time for dark or coated pans. Cupcakes are done when toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on wire rack for 15 minutes. Cool completely before frosting.
- Garnish, and enjoy!