Classic Pork Loin Stir FryPork
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless pork loin roast (sliced then cut into thin strips)
- 5 tablespoons brown sugar
- 5 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar (or regular vinegar)
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons ginger (freshly grated, or ½ tsp ground ginger)
- 1 bunch green onions (chopped, white parts only, reserve green ends for garnish)
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 1 1/2 tablespoons corn starch
- 1 1/2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 large carrots (peeled, cut into large coins)
- 3 stalks celery (chopped into 1” pieces)
- 1/2 cup water (or chicken stock)
- 2 bell pepper (assorted colors, cut into ½ inch strips)
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 8 ounces white button mushrooms (container fresh, sliced to ½ inch thickness)
- 8 ounces water chestnuts (drained well and sliced)
- 8 ounces bamboo shoots (drained well)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- onion tops (reserved chopped green)
- sesame seeds
- cooked rice (jasmine rice is our favorite)
- 1 1. Place strips of pork loin into a zip top bag.
- 2 2. To make marinade, in a small bowl combine brown sugar, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, sesame oil, ginger, chopped onion and red pepper flakes. Whisk well to combine. In a separate small bowl or cup, combine water and cornstarch and stir until dissolved.
- 3 3. Add all marinade ingredients and whisk until combined. Pour 1/4 cup of marinade mixture in zip top bag with sliced pork. Refrigerate for 20 minutes. Set aside remaining marinade.
- 4 4. In an extra large skillet over medium high to high heat, add carrots, celery and water. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 minutes. Add bell pepper, broccoli, mushrooms, water chestnuts and bamboo shoots along with salt and pepper. Cook an additional 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. (Sometimes I cover the vegetables briefly with a pot lid so the broccoli steams a bit.) Remove vegetables and place them into a mixing bowl, set aside.
- 5 5. Remove meat from marinade, place into skillet over medium high heat. Discard used marinade. Cook for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add reserved marinade. Cook for 1 minute until sauce simmers and thickens a bit. Cook loin roast until pork is cooked through or lightly browned. (Find more information about pork cooking here.)
- 6 6. Add vegetables back to large skillet. Stir well.
- 7 7. Add reserved green onion tops, and sprinkle with sesame seeds for garnish.
- 8 8. Serve over white rice. Makes 6-8 servings.
PER SERVING *
|Calories360Calories from Fat120|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat120|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.