Soft, chewy, and crackly peanut butter cookies - these are even better than ones from a bakery.
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter (softened)
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar (divided)
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar (firmly packed)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Line two baking sheets with silicone baking mats or parchment paper. Set aside.
- Measure ¼ cup (50g) of granulated sugar into a small bowl. Set aside.
- Place the softened butter, peanut butter, brown sugar, the remaining ½ cup (100g) of granulated sugar, and honey into a large bowl. Using a hand mixer or stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment, cream together the butter and sugar on medium speed for 1 minute, or until pale and fluffy.
- Add the egg and vanilla extract and continue to beat on medium speed for 30 seconds to one minute, until light and fluffy.
- Turn the mixer to low, and add the flour, baking soda, and salt to the bowl. Beat the mixture for about 1 minute, until all ingredients are combined, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Form the cookie dough into 20 balls, and place on the lined baking sheets.
- Using clean hands, roll each cookie in the bowl of granulated sugar, and return to the sheet. Press down gently on the tops of each cookie to slightly flatten.
- Bake the cookies for 11-13 minutes, until they are just slightly golden brown on the edges, and cracked on top.
- Remove the baking sheets from the oven. Allow the cookies to cool for 5 minutes on the sheets, then transfer them to cooling racks to cool completely.
PER SERVING *
|Calories410Calories from Fat190|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat190|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.