Soft, chewy, and crackly peanut butter cookies - these are even better than ones from a bakery.
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter (softened)
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar (divided)
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar (firmly packed)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Line two baking sheets with silicone baking mats or parchment paper. Set aside.
- Measure ¼ cup (50g) of granulated sugar into a small bowl. Set aside.
- Place the softened butter, peanut butter, brown sugar, the remaining ½ cup (100g) of granulated sugar, and honey into a large bowl. Using a hand mixer or stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment, cream together the butter and sugar on medium speed for 1 minute, or until pale and fluffy.
- Add the egg and vanilla extract and continue to beat on medium speed for 30 seconds to one minute, until light and fluffy.
- Turn the mixer to low, and add the flour, baking soda, and salt to the bowl. Beat the mixture for about 1 minute, until all ingredients are combined, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Form the cookie dough into 20 balls, and place on the lined baking sheets.
- Using clean hands, roll each cookie in the bowl of granulated sugar, and return to the sheet. Press down gently on the tops of each cookie to slightly flatten.
- Bake the cookies for 11-13 minutes, until they are just slightly golden brown on the edges, and cracked on top.
- Remove the baking sheets from the oven. Allow the cookies to cool for 5 minutes on the sheets, then transfer them to cooling racks to cool completely.
PER SERVING *
|Calories410Calories from Fat190|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat190|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Michael Becker 28 days ago
I love to make crosshatch marks with a fork before baking.
Doniell Templet 9 Oct
Yummy followed exactly...I doubled the dough it made 75 cookies!!! I would add a little extra time when baking next time!!!
Plamena 24 Aug
Try turned out perfect! All though, i had to wait a little longer because i made 12 big ones. 😋
Kerry Salisbury 14 Aug
Sooooo good!!! Best peanut butter cookie I have ever made. They are crisp on edges and soft in the middle!
Jill 29 Jul
lovely, a couple of minutes longer cos my oven seems to take a bit longer.
Irena 28 Jun
Turned out good but too much sugar for my taste and not very peanuty. They did not look like the picture at all. But the most important my family liked it so its not a bad recipe
Ava 15 Jun
This was good and I would make it again gladly. Had a really crumby texture and the boys loved it. A little to sweet for my taste though. Did not look the same as the picture at all. . . .
Gabi Kellogg 9 Jun
They were super dry and fell apart when we tried to flatten them.... do NOT try this recipe
Rocky Rich 9 Jun
great! would make again!
Uf G Ug 6 Jun
Very tasty and easy to make to
Jess 5 Jun
Soft in the middle, crunchy on the outside and not overly sweet😋
Annelouise Gibson 4 Jun
My son refused to let me add the honey 😂 but they turned out perfect without!
Hello Emilee 2 Jun
This recipe turned out better than I imagined
User Testing Chef 1 May
Easy to make, and sooo delicious!
lei 18 Apr
Delicious and super easy - I had everything in my pantry. Use chunky peanut butter for extra crunch!