- 3 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon ginger (thinly sliced)
- 1/2 pound chicken breast (or thigh)
- 3 cups lo mein noodles (fresh)
- 1/4 pound baby bok choy (bottoms removed)
- 3 green onion (cut into 1-inch, 4-cm pieces)
- To make the sauce, in a small bowl, whisk together 1/4 cup (60 ml) chicken stock, 3 Tbsp. (45 ml) oyster sauce, 1 Tbsp. (15 ml) soy sauce, 1 tsp. sesame oil, and 1 tsp. cornstarch until the cornstarch is dissolved. Reserve.
- Heat a large saute pan to high and add 3 Tbsp. (45 ml) cooking oil. Once you see wisps of white smoke, add 1 Tbsp. (11 g) thinly sliced ginger and 2 tsp. (10 g) minced garlic and cook until light brown and fragrant, about 20 seconds.
- Stir in 1/2 lb. (250 g) chicken and 3 cups (750 g) fresh lo mein noodles and cook until medium, about 2 minutes.
- Add 1/4 lb. bok choy, bottoms removed, and cook until the bok choy starts to soften and turn bright green, about 1 minute.
- Stir the sauce again to incorporate the cornstarch. Add sauce and allow it to coat all the ingredients. Lower heat to simmer. Cook until the chicken is cooked through and sauce starts to bubble into a glaze. About 1 minute.
- Top with green onion, cut into 1-inch (4-cm) pieces, and serve hot.
|Calories130Calories from Fat80|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat80|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Isaac & Lisa Boehr 6 days ago
I marinated the chicken in soy beforehand, it added a lot of flavor but I think I made it too salty. Besides that the family loved it, will probably make again
Coralie Haenga 14 days ago
well that tasted good I have a family of 5 son's and it was half an half but all up we gave it a 3 it was easy to cook with the video I could afford to cook enough for my family of boys and plenty of leftover for later
Andrea Nique 18 days ago
it was great and easy to make
Moe 17 Jan
Delicious. I really enjoyed all the flavors. I made mine with shrimp and beef instead of chicken.