- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 onion (medium, diced)
- 24 ounces spaghetti sauce (traditional prepared, not “chunky”)
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 cups cottage cheese (or ricotta cheese, I prefer cottage cheese)
- 3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese (divided)
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley (chopped, plus more for garnish, both are optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 12 lasagna noodles
- 16 ounces mozzarella cheese (good)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
|Calories1100Calories from Fat620|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat620|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Ron Herzing 3 months ago
It turned out well, but it could have been better.
Tiffany a year ago
This has become my absolute favorite "go-to" recipe. Lasagna is always a winner at our house, and the creaminess of the cottage cheese wins over the kids. On occasion, I will switch it up by using 1 jar of traditional spaghetti sauce and 1 jar of alfredo combined for an extra rich treat..
Michelle B. a year ago
This turned out delicious!! Didn't stand a chance in my household. This will be my "go-to" Lasagna recipe.
T MG 2 years ago
I made this tonight for hubby in honor of father's day. I used the shredded mozzerella and it turned out delicious. This is a meal I'll be making again. I might even increase the crushed peppers next time. So yummy! Thanks. Teresa
karli brack 2 years ago
I made it and my daughter is so fussy and she loves it ❤ I will definitely be making this dish again!