These thin and tender, eggy, and slightly sweet crepes hit all the right notes, and are likely to disappear in a flash! There’s no special pan required for the easy recipe, and the crepes themselves are made with ingredients you may keep on hand. Serve the crepes with sweetened whipped cream, jam and berries, or however you like. The recipe, which makes 12 (8-inch) crepes, is a Yummly original created by Annalise Sandberg.
- 1 cup whole milk (or 2% milk)
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp. unsalted butter (melted, for batter)
- 4 Tbsp. granulated sugar (divided)
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract (divided)
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- unsalted butter (melted, or vegetable oil, for greasing skillet)
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 6 Tbsp. strawberry jam
- 1 1/2 cups strawberries (thinly sliced)
- powdered sugar (for dusting; optional)
- Add milk, eggs, flour, 2 Tbsp. melted butter, 2 Tbsp. granulated sugar, 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract, and the salt to a blender and blend until smooth. Chill batter, covered, for at least 30 minutes and up to 4 days.
- When you’re ready to make crepes, warm an 8- to 10-inch skillet (preferably nonstick or cast iron) over medium heat. When it’s hot, brush with melted butter or vegetable oil.
- Add batter to pan (3 Tbsp. for an 8-inch skillet and 4 Tbsp. for a 10-inch pan) and swirl the skillet until batter evenly coats the bottom. Cook until the edges start to brown, 1-2 minutes. Run a metal spatula around the edges and flip the crepe over. Cook on the second side until lightly browned on underside (pick up an edge with a spatula to get a look), 30 seconds to 1 minute.
Unlock full nutritional details with subscription
|Calories420Calories from Fat220|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat220|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Jot it down
Subscribe to Yummly to add notes