Rich, creamy, and decadent, this classic pie is sure to be a family favorite. The recipe is a Yummly original created by Sara Mellas.
- 1 unbaked pie crust (store-bought or homemade, for bottom of pie)
- 12 oz. rotisserie chicken (12 oz. is about 3 heaping cups)
- 1/2 small yellow onion
- 2 medium carrot
- 1 stalk celery (large)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp. fresh thyme leaves (or 1/2 tsp. dried thyme)
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 tsp. salt (for vegetables)
- black pepper (to taste, for vegetables)
- 1/4 cup frozen peas
- 1/4 cup frozen corn
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 tsp. salt (plus more to taste, for sauce)
- black pepper (to taste, for sauce)
- 1 unbaked pie crust (store-bought or homemade, for top of pie)
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp. water
- Adjust a rack to the lowest position in the oven. Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Place one pie crust into a 9-inch pie plate and press into the corners. Trim any excess as needed. Line with a sheet of parchment paper large enough to hang over the edges of the plate, and fill with pie weights.
- Bake the crust on lowest rack of oven until edges of the crust are very slightly golden and the center is matte, 25-30 minutes.
Unlock full nutritional details with subscription
|Calories690Calories from Fat410|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat410|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Jot it down
Subscribe to Yummly to add notes