- 1 Classic Crisco Pie Crust (deep dish double crust)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons Crisco Pure Vegetable Oil
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup Pillsbury BEST All Purpose Flour
- 3/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 14 1/2 ounces chicken broth
- 2/3 cup heavy cream (or whole milk)
- 3 cups cooked chicken (cubed or shredded boneless)
- 2 cups frozen peas and carrots (or frozen mixed vegetables)
- PREPARE pie pastry according to recipe directions. Chill 30 minutes.
- HEAT butter and oil in medium saucepan over medium heat. Add onion; cook 5 minutes or until tender. Stir in flour, seasoned salt, thyme and pepper until blended. Stir in chicken broth gradually until blended. Stir in cream. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring constantly, cooking until sauce thickens. Remove from heat. Stir in chicken and vegetables until coated with sauce.
- HEAT oven to 425°F. Roll larger ball of dough on a lightly floured work surface into a 13-inch circle. Place in 9 1/2-inch deep dish glass pie plate for the bottom crust. Fill pie crust with chicken filling. Roll out remaining dough. Place dough carefully on top of filled pie. Trim edges of dough leaving a 3/4-inch overhang. Fold top edge under bottom crust. Press edges together to seal and flute as desired. Cut several 1/2-inch slits in top crust to vent steam.
- BAKE 30 to 35 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Let stand 15 minutes before serving.
|Calories730Calories from Fat430|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat430|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.