Hi everyone! Time for another great appetizer to serve at your next dinner party! Bruschetta is a super easy recipe that may make you wonder why you've never served this before (or why you haven't made this recently, if you've made it before...). I…
made this for our 4th of July picnic last year (along with our mango salsa and couscous with corn) and when we started this new semester a couple of weeks ago, we decided we wanted to have another picnic at the beach. Because this dish is so portable, I quickly whipped up a batch and toasted some bread and voila, we were picnic ready!
- 4 tomatoes on the vine
- 1/2 cup basil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 loaf french bread
- Dice the tomatoes into 1x1 cm pieces.
- Chop the basil into large pieces.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, add tomatoes, garlic, basil, EVOO, salt, and pepper. Gently stir the ingredients together. Set aside to allow flavors to meld.
- Meanwhile, slice the french bread into ¾ inch wide slices. Toast the slices either on a pan over medium heat or in a toaster/ oven until slightly golden brown.
- To serve, place 1-2 T. of bruschetta on the toast and drizzle balsamic vinegar over the top to finish.
- Serve immediately
|Calories310Calories from Fat35|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat35|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.