Inspired from a vacation in Sicily. Pieces of tomato flesh, enriched by sweet floral basil leaves. Perfectly balanced, refreshing & completely intoxicating.
- 1 rustic bread (x whole loaf of unsalted)
- virgin olive oil (young)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 4 vine tomatoes (x ripe, seeds removed and cut into small squares)
- 1 shallot (thinly sliced)
- 1 fresh basil (x bunch of)
- 1 pinch salt (and freshly ground pepper)
- To prepare the tomatoes, remove the seeds and finely cut the remaining flesh into small pieces. Season with salt and pepper while you prepare the remaining ingredients.
- Cut the bread into generous portions, brush generously with the olive oil and toast until golden brown.
- Once the bread is toasted, rub garlic onto the toast. Top with the fresh tomatoes, shallots and basil; drizzle additional olive oil over the bruschetta.
- Enjoy on a nice summer’s day with a refreshing beverage