- 3/4 cup fresh breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 onions (1 grated, 1 sliced)
- 2 tablespoons flat leaf parsley (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons tomato sauce (plus additional, to serve)
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 hamburger buns (split and toasted)
- 4 slices cheddar cheese
- 4 lettuce leaves (iceberg, shredded)
- 2 tomatoes (small ripe, sliced)
- canned beets (or Cooked, sliced)
- Mix breadcrumbs and milk in a large bowl. Add ground beef, grated onion, parsley and sauces. Season with salt and black pepper. Using your hands, mix until well combined.
- Divide into 4 even portions and shape each portion into a patty.
- Heat 1 tbsp of the oil in a large, non-stick skillet on medium heat. Cook the sliced onion for 8 mins, or until softened. Remove from pan and set aside. Heat the remaining 1 tbsp oil. Add the burgers and cook for 5 mins each side, or until cooked to desired doneness. Add cheese slices 30 seconds before cooking is completed.
- Top bottom halves of buns with lettuce, tomato, beets, burgers, tomato sauce and onion. Cover with bun tops.
|Calories640Calories from Fat320|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat320|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Emese D. 13 May 2016
The patty was super juicy and delicious. Great recipe. Will make this again but maybe add more seasoning - garlic / onion powder or even vegeta for a decent salty flavour kick