Rise and Shine! If you are looking for a recipe that will wake you up in the morning this Classic American Bagels recipe will surely do so. Packed with flavor and a chilli punch, this recipe will surely give you the a quick spike of energy. Try it and let us know your thoughts in the comments below. You can also leave this recipe a star rating. We hope you enjoy this Classic American Bagels recipe!
- 750 grams flour
- 1 teaspoon instant dry yeast
- 4 teaspoons salt
- 380 milliliters water
- 2 1/2 tablespoons honey
- 30 milliliters olive oil
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons salt
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, yeast, salt, water, honey, and olive oil.
- Knead the dough in a food processor for 10 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 12 balls and stretch them into strands 25 cms long. Wrap a strand around your hand and seal the two ends together, pressing lightly.
- Arrange them on an oiled baking sheet and let rise 2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 225 degrees Celsius.
- Heat 3 liters of water in a pot, add cornstarch, sugar and salt (2 tablespoon) and bring to a boil.
- Poach the bagels for 2 minutes.
- Arrange them on a baking sheet lined with buttered parchment paper and sprinkled with a pinch of cornmeal.
- Lower the oven temperature to 215 C and bake for 20-25 minutes.
|Calories270Calories from Fat25|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat25|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.