- 4 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 powdered chocolate (sachet)
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup boiling water
- fruit jam (to taste)
- 1 bar cooking chocolate
- 6 tablespoons white sugar
- 12 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- strawberries (to decorate, optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Beat the eggs with the sugar until fluffy. Add the chocolate powder, and the oil stirring constantly. Add the flour and when well beaten, carefully pour a cup of boiling water over the mixture.
- Pour the mixture into a baking tray greased with butter and flour or lined with parchment paper. Bake for 30 minutes. If the tray is too large, bake for a shorter time, otherwise the dough will dry.
- Remove from oven, and transfer the cake onto a surface lined with parchment paper, let it cool. Cut it in half and place one half on a plate, fill with the jam and put the other half on top.
- Prepare the topping: mix everything in a bowl and microwave for 1 minute and 30 seconds. Stir the mixture to check that all the chocolate has melted. Pour the topping over the cake and let it dry. Decorate with strawberries before serving.