Pay your homage to dreams of tropical destinations with this warm and savory recipe for Clams with Coconut Milk. First sauteed in the beer of your choice, the clams are then seasoned with fresh coriander, garlic, and shallots before being cooked in a luxurious and coconut milk sauce. These perfectly seasoned clams will warm you right up and make a great snack or meal. As the alcohol in the beer cooks out, these clams are safe for children.
- olive oil
- 1 kilogram clams (fresh)
- beer (to taste)
- 2 shallots (chopped)
- 4 garlic cloves (chopped)
- 165 milliliters coconut milk
- pepper (pink)
- 5 spices
- In a wok, heat a drizzle of olive oil, add the clams and saute. Add some beer, and continue cooking until it evaporates.
- Heat a little olive oil in another pan, add shallots and garlic cloves, saute until they are translucent. Add the coconut milk, and pour the mixture in the blender until it becomes a silky cream. Season with salt, pepper, and Chinese spices.
- Cover the clams with the sauce, cook on low heat for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat, and sprinkle with parsley.