- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil (or butter)
- 6 garlic cloves (smashed)
- 1 cup Italian parsley (chopped)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 2 pounds clams (fresh)
- 1 red onion (; chopped)
- 1 red bell pepper (small, thinly chopped)
- 1 green chili (optional)
- In a large pan, heat oil over medium heat; add garlic, half of the parsley, chopped onion, bell pepper and the hot pepper flakes; fry for 1 minute. Add wine; bring to boil over medium high heat.
- Add clams, cover and steam until clams open, about 5 minutes. Discard any clams that do not open.
- Sprinkle the remaining parsley.
- Ladle clams into small bowls and offer plenty of crusty bread to soak up the delicious broth.