Citrus, Almond and Matcha Tea CakeLe ricette di Micol
Matcha is a most prized tea for its health benefits and belongs to the oldest varieties of Japanese teas. This queen of green tea is part of the so-called 'shadow teas', teas that Japanese farmers grow in the dark (thanks to the 'kabuse' method). This heavenly Citrus, Almond, and Matcha Tea Cake combines this flavorful Japanese tea with a blend of citrus juices for a lovely flavor that pairs beautifully with the rich texture of this almond flour cake.
- 200 grams soy milk
- 3 teaspoons teas (ground Matcha, or green tea)
- 1 orange juice (and pulp)
- 1 tangerine juice (and pulp)
- 1 clementine juice (and pulp)
- 2 eggs
- 180 grams raw sugar
- 100 grams almond flour
- 100 grams barley flour (or all purpose flour)
- 80 grams potato starch (or cornstarch or rice flour)
- 60 milliliters vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- grated lemon peel
- citron (Grated, peel)
- 1Preheat the oven to 180C.
- 2Wash the citrus fruits, remove the skin and the pith completely, eliminate any seeds and blend them in a blender.
- 3Beat the eggs with the raw sugar.
- 4Add the almond flour, the citrus pulp, the grated peel of 1 lemon and 1 citron, the flour, potato starch, tea, oil, and milk.
- 5Last, add the sifted baking powder.
- 6Stir well to combine.
- 7Butter and flour a cake pan or line it with wax paper and pour the batter inside.
- 8Bake for approximately 30 to 40 minutes.
- 9Remove the cake from the oven and cool completely.
PER SERVING *
|Calories690Calories from Fat270|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat270|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.