- 4 cups chicken broth
- 4 tablespoons i can't believe it's not butter! all purpose sticks
- 1/2 cup shallots
- 1/2 cup carrots (chopped)
- 1 cup arborio rice
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup edamame
- 2 green onions (medium, finely chopped)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- Heat broth in 2-quart saucepan over high heat just to a simmer. Reduce heat to low and cover.
- Meanwhile, melt I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!® All Purpose Sticks in 3-quart saucepan over medium heat and cook shallots and carrots, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes or until tender. Add rice and cook, stirring frequently, 2 minutes. Stir in wine and cook until wine is absorbed, stirring frequently. Stir in hot broth, 1/2 cup at a time, stirring frequently, until all broth is absorbed and rice is creamy. Stir in edamame and heat through. Stir in green onions, lemon juice and peel. Serve, if desired, with shaved Parmesan cheese.
|Calories400Calories from Fat140|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat140|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
John P. 9 May 2016
Very pleasing side dish. I added one small can of sliced button mushrooms. Sauteed all in a pressure cooker. I used three tablespoons of butter instead of the "" can't believe"" butter. Added wine, broth and rice and brought cooker up to pressure and cooked six minutes. Let pressure release naturally and stirred in one cup grated parmesan, lemon and green onions. Definitely will make this again.