Citrus Tart: Grapefruit and Blood Orange Tart with Lemon CreamMurmures
Nothing declares the arrival of winter like fresh picked citrus. Full of citrus flavor, this citrus tart features grapefruit, blood orange, and lemon in a lightly sweet and perfectly tangy dessert. Perfect in the wintertime or as a refreshing summer treat.
- 250 grams flour
- 90 grams butter
- 45 grams sugar
- 1 eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 blood orange
- 2 pink grapefruit
- 2 lemon juice
- 1 lemon zest
- 100 grams sugar
- 4 egg yolks
- 60 grams butter
- 1Sweet Dough Preparation:
- 2Sift the flour and the baking powder in a large bowl.
- 3Mix the butter with sugar.
- 4Add the butter and sugar mixture to the flour, and stir until the dough has a sandy texture.
- 5Add the egg and mix again until the dough is crumbly.
- 6Form a ball and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- 7Freeze any leftover dough.
- 8Filling Preparation:
- 9Carefully cut the orange and grapefruit supremes.
- 10Lemon Cream Preparation:
- 11Beat the egg yolks, sieve, then pour in a saucepan.
- 12Stir in lemon juice and sugar.
- 13Over medium heat, stir for ten minutes with a spatula until the mixture thickens slightly.
- 14It will continue to thicken as it cools.
- 15Remove the pan from heat, stir in lemon zest and diced butter.
- 16Stir until butter is completely melted.
- 17Cool the lemon cream in a small glass container, cover when it is very cold.
- 18Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 19Roll out the dough and spread in small pie pans. (Prick with a fork before baking).
- 20Bake the tart shells for about 15 minutes. Let cool.
- 21Pour the lemon cream into each pie shell, garnish with grapefruit and orange supremes.
PER SERVING *
|Calories760Calories from Fat330|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat330|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.