Nothing declares the arrival of winter like fresh picked citrus. Full of citrus flavor, this citrus tart features grapefruit, blood orange, and lemon in a lightly sweet and perfectly tangy dessert. Perfect in the wintertime or as a refreshing summer treat.
- 250 grams flour
- 90 grams butter
- 45 grams sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 blood oranges
- 2 pink grapefruit
- 2 lemons juice
- 1 lemon zest
- 100 grams sugar
- 4 egg yolks
- 60 grams butter
- Sweet Dough Preparation:
- Sift the flour and the baking powder in a large bowl.
- Mix the butter with sugar.
- Add the butter and sugar mixture to the flour, and stir until the dough has a sandy texture.
- Add the egg and mix again until the dough is crumbly.
- Form a ball and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Freeze any leftover dough.
- Filling Preparation:
- Carefully cut the orange and grapefruit supremes.
- Lemon Cream Preparation:
- Beat the egg yolks, sieve, then pour in a saucepan.
- Stir in lemon juice and sugar.
- Over medium heat, stir for ten minutes with a spatula until the mixture thickens slightly.
- It will continue to thicken as it cools.
- Remove the pan from heat, stir in lemon zest and diced butter.
- Stir until butter is completely melted.
- Cool the lemon cream in a small glass container, cover when it is very cold.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Roll out the dough and spread in small pie pans. (Prick with a fork before baking).
- Bake the tart shells for about 15 minutes. Let cool.
- Pour the lemon cream into each pie shell, garnish with grapefruit and orange supremes.
|Calories760Calories from Fat330|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat330|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.