Once in a while you will find a recipe that stands the test of time for decadence and pure bliss. This recipe for Citrus Salt is one to keep on hand for any holiday, special occasion or celebration. With the richness and delicious taste, this recipe is full of flavor. it is a little bit of heaven in each bite. The hardest part of this delicious recipe, is deciding who will get to enjoy the other corners with you. Make a batch this weekend.
- 1 lime peel
- 1 lemon (small)
- 1 tangerine
- mild olive oil
- 5 teaspoons salt
- 1Preheat oven to 120°C (approximately 250°F).
- 2Peel the citrus fruit, avoiding white parts, so that the pith doesn't embitter the salt.
- 3Place peels in a small saucepan and cover with oil.
- 4Simmer over very low heat for about 20 minutes.
- 5Drain peels well and wipe dry with paper towels.
- 6Place on a baking sheet and dry them in the oven for 1 hour at 120°C (approximately 250°F).
- 7Wipe dry again and grind with salt.