- 2 oranges (large, supremed and cut into bite sized pieces)
- 2 grapefruits (large, supremed and cut into bite sized pieces)
- 2 tablespoons lime juice (~1 lime)
- 1 jalapeno pepper (finely diced)
- 1/4 cup red onion (finely diced)
- 2 tablespoons cilantro (chopped)
- salt (to taste)
|Calories110Calories from Fat┅|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat┅|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Danny N. 27 Jul 2016
I love it - I have been making this or versions of it for the past 3 to 4 years. In my original recipe I used lemon instead of lime. One day I was out of lemons and substituted a lime in place of the lemon. What a difference it made in improving the flavor. I have not gone back to using lemon. I have also experimented with adding about 1 cup of diced green, yellow, orange, and red bell peppers and also a diced tomato or two. Sometimes the fruit isn't as sweet as I like so I have added up to 1 teaspoon of sugar, sprinkled in some stevia, or blended the lime juice with a little honey. Since I first used the lime I started supreming the lime into about 1/4 bites and adding them to the salsa in addition to the lime juice. From the photo it would appear that Kevin Lynch is doing that also even though it is not listed on the recipe. I have also experimented with adding other fruits such as mango, pineapple, strawberries, blueberries and others, but I keep coming back to the basic orange-grapefruit-lime version. In my recipe I use a little more lime, jalapeno, and red onion, so it will be interesting to compare taste between my version and this one. Thanks for posting!