- 2 cups seafood stock (or clam broth)
- 24 clams, well scrubbed
- 24 mussels, well scrubbed
- 2 tablespoons Bertolli Classico Olive Oil
- 1 cup fennel (finely chopped)
- 1 jar bertolli vineyard premium collections marinara with burgundy wine sauce
- 1/4 cup vermouth
- 1 cup dry white wine (or chicken broth)
- 1/2 pound uncooked large shrimp
- 2 pounds cod
- Bring wine to a boil over high heat in 8-quart stockpot. Stir in clams and cook covered 5 minutes. Add mussels and cook covered 5 minutes or until shells open. Remove clams and mussels; strain liquid. Discard any unopened shells. Set aside clams, mussels and reserve liquid.
- Heat olive oil in same stockpot over medium-high heat and cook fennel, stirring occasionally, 3 minutes. Stir in vermouth and cook 1 minute. Stir in reserved liquid, stock and Bertolli® Vineyard Premium Collections Marinara with Burgundy Wine Sauce. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer uncovered, stirring occasionally, 30 minutes.
- Stir in shrimp and cook 3 minutes. Stir in snapper and cook 1 minute or until shrimp turn pink and snapper flakes with a fork. Return mussels and clams to stockpot; heat through. Serve, if desired, with bruschetta or crusty Italian bread.