- 2 tablespoons promise buttery spread
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped pecans
- 3 tablespoons firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 pears (peeled, cored and thinly sliced)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- For shortbread crumble, mix 1 tablespoon Promise® Buttery Spread, 1 tablespoon brown sugar, flour and pecans in small bowl until coarse crumbs form; set aside.
- Melt remaining Spread in 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and cook pears, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes or until pears are tender. Sprinkle with remaining brown sugar and cook, stirring occasionally, 2 minutes or until sugar is melted. Stir in water, vanilla and cinnamon and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, stirring occasionally, 6 minutes or until sauce thickens. Turn into two 8 oz. shallow casserole dishes, then sprinkle with topping. Bake 15 minutes or until topping is crisp and golden brown. Serve warm.
- Preheat oven to 400°.
|Calories340Calories from Fat130|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat130|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
J. Nicole B. 2 Sep 2016
It tasted good. I tripled the recipe but I don't think it needs quite as much water as it calls for, or I needed to let it cook out a bit more before dishing it into the baking dish
Jacinta Robinson 3 Sep 2015
Pears in this were beautiful but the crumbling turned out incredibly different than expected. The spices in the pears, although simple, smelt fantastic whilst cooking which was definitely reflected in the taste. However, the crumbling on top just melted out. I would definitely recommend adding a touch more flour.