- 180 grams almonds (unshelled)
- 500 grams sugar
- 200 milliliters water
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder (plus some for sprinkling)
- 1 cup dessert (cinnamon)
- 2 tablespoons sugar syrup
- Put the almonds on a tray and toast in a hot oven for 5 minutes.
- Place 500 g. of sugar, 200 ml of water, 2 teaspoons of chocolate, and the cinnamon in a pan.
- Stir well and cook over high heat until it begins to boil.
- Lower the heat and stir occasionally.
- When the sugar reaches 240ºF (when it starts forming a lot of foam and balls can be made by blowing in the skimmer), add the toasted almonds.
- Remove the pan from the heat and continue to stir.
- The sugar will begin to form balls and to cluster with the almonds.
- Undo the balls of sugar, remove the almonds and put them in a container.
- Cook the remaining sugar in the pan on medium heat until it melts and add the almonds while stirring constantly so it can coat them.
- Keep on low heat so that the sugar does not burn.
- When the sugar is sticking to the almonds, turn off the heat and sprinkle with two tablespoons of sugar while stirring.
- Place the almonds on a tray and separate them from the lumps of sugar.
- Pour the clumps back into the pan and add a small amount of water (50-75 ml).
- When they start to melt, let them make a light caramel, remove from the heat, and add the almonds again.
- Stir until cool.
- Place the almonds on the work surface again and release those that are stuck.
- While they are warm, strain some chocolate and sprinkle them with it.
PER SERVING *
|Calories770Calories from Fat200|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat200|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.