Cinnamon "Moreno" RollsReceitas Da Felicidade!
These cinnamon rolls are made with dried cranberries in lieu of more traditional raisins in the sweet filling, for welcome tartness. Making them requires preparing a yeast dough, but that is a simple process when an electric mixer does the heavy lifting, plus it's great fun to watch the dough rise and then to "punch" it down again. When spreading the filling over the rolled out dough, be sure to leave a border all around to keep the filling from spilling out during the rolling up process. You will also have to reshape the rolls after slicing.
- 120 milliliters milk (50 grams, Moreno sugar)
- 1/2 package dry yeast
- 1 eggs (room temperature)
- 250 grams flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 50 grams unsalted butter
- dried cranberries (to taste)
- 50 grams butter (at room temperature;)
- 100 grams sugar (Moreno)
- ground cinnamon (to taste)
- 1 beaten eggs (for brushing)
- 1Warm the milk with a pinch of Moreno sugar.
- 2Sprinkle the milk with the dry yeast and let stand until foamy, about 5 minutes.
- 3In a bowl mix the egg with 50 g sugar. Add to the milk mixture.
- 4Using an electric mixer, mix the flour and salt on low then add the egg mixture and beat until well combined.
- 5Add the butter and beat until incorporated.
- 6Grease a large bowl with butter, place the dough in the bowl. Cover with a towel or plastic wrap and let rest in a warm, dry place for 1 hour or until it doubles in size.
- 7Grease a muffin pan with butter.
- 8Set aside.
- 9After the dough doubles in size, turn out onto a floured surface and roll out into a rectangle.
- 10Brush the entire surface with butter. Sprinkle with sugar, cranberries and cinnamon.
- 11Carefully roll up the dough tightly widthwise.
- 12Using a sharp knife, slice the dough into rolls, each about 2.5 cm thick.
- 13Place rolls into the muffin pans. Cover again and let rest for 30 minutes.
- 14Preheat the oven to 180ºC (approximately 356º F).
- 15Brush the rolls with the beaten egg and bake for 20 minutes, until golden brown.
- 16Cool and serve.