Brunch or dinner, this cake makes an impressive finish to any meal. Your guests won't believe you made it from scratch.
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter (softened)
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar (packed)
- 2 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 dash salt
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Spray a bundt cake pan liberally with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Place the butter, sugar, and vanilla into a large mixing bowl. Using a hand mixer or stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment, cream the ingredients together on medium speed for 1 minute, or until smooth. Add the eggs and sour cream, and continue to beat for a minute more, until the mixture is light and fluffy.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt into the bowl. Beat the mixture on low, scraping down the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula as needed, until a smooth, medium-thick batter forms.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt until thoroughly combined.
- Spread 1/3 of the cake batter into the bundt pan. Sprinkle half the cinnamon sugar mixture evenly on top. Layer another 1/3 of the batter into the pan, and evenly sprinkle over the remaining cinnamon sugar. Top with the remaining batter.
- Transfer the pan to the middle rack of the preheated oven.
- Bake the bundt cake for 55-70 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove the pan from the oven. Allow the cake to cool in the pan for 15-20 minutes.
- To release the cake, run a butter knife between the edge of the cake and the pan. Turn the cake onto a large serving plate.
- Allow the cake to cool for 1-2 hours before slicing and serving.