Spicy and sweet, these skillet pork chops are served up with a generous pan sauce. Serve grits or polenta alongside, with buttered green peas and a creamy coleslaw.
- 4 boneless sirloin pork chops (1/2-inch thick)
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 16 ounces peach slices (drained)
- Combine paprika, flour, salt, cinnamon, allspice and cloves. Sprinkle mixture on both sides of chops. Heat oil in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Brown chops about 2-3 minutes per side, remove from skillet. Add peaches and mustard to pan, cook and stir, scraping up any brown bits from surface of pan. Return chops to pan, cover and simmer 5 minutes until internal temperature on a thermometer reads 145 degrees Fahrenheit, followed by a 3-minute rest time.
- Serves 4.