Cinnamon RollsO Meu Tempero
The best part of waking up at grandma’s house is the wonderful and mouthwatering aromas of cinnamon rolls coming from the kitchen. This recipe is so decadent, that it will make you feel like a kid again. And the aromas coming from the kitchen will bring the family together. These decadent and hearty rolls will help you carry on grandma’s tradition of love and happiness to start the day. Enjoy!
- 120 milliliters milk (warm)
- 40 grams softened butter
- 30 grams brown sugar
- 300 grams flour (without yeast)
- 2 1/4 teaspoons bakers yeast
- 1 small eggs (at room temperature)
- 50 grams softened butter
- 80 grams brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1Mix the milk with the butter, sugar, and a pinch of salt until well dissolved.
- 2Add the egg, and stir.
- 3Add the flour and yeast. Stir again with a fork, until well mixed.
- 4Place the dough on a floured work surface, knead until dough no longer sticks to hands. Form a smooth and elastic ball.
- 5If you use a large egg, more flour is necessary.
- 6Put the dough in the bowl again, cover with plastic wrap,or a kitchen towel, and let rise in warm draft-free place for about 1 1/2 hours, or until doubled in volume.
- 7Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- 8On floured work surface, knead the dough lightly to remove air bubbles, and deflate.
- 9Roll out the dough to form a rectangle about 40x30 centimeters.
- 10Mix 80 grams brown sugar and 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon.
- 11Spread the butter on dough, and sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon mixture. Save some cinnamon to sprinkle on before baking.
- 12Roll up dough. Cut roll in 12 even slices, depending on desired thickness.
- 13Line a baking pan with parchment paper, and grease.
- 14Place the dough slices with the cut side up and close together (not tightening too much, as they will still grow in the oven) in the baking pan, and sprinkle with the remaining sugar and cinnamon mixture.
- 15Bake at 180 C, for 25 to 30 minutes.
- 16Each oven is different, so you should keep an eye on the baking, and do the toothpick test.
PER SERVING *
|Calories190Calories from Fat60|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat60|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.