Nothing says it is the weekend like a Saturday morning breakfast of warm gooey cinnamon rolls. These homemade cinnamon rolls will give Ikea and Cinnabon a run for their money. It is important when making the cinnamon rolls to allow for plenty of time for the dough to rise, otherwise you will end up with flat rather than fluffy pastries. This recipe does not include instructions for an icing, but you can add one if you like.
- 100 grams butter (melted)
- 500 milliliters milk
- 2 packages dry yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 120 grams sugar
- 800 grams flour
- 100 grams butter
- 80 grams sugar
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon (ground)
- 1 egg (beaten)
- Add the melted butter and milk to a cooking pot and mix it at low flame.
- Add the yeast to a large bowl, then pour in half of the butter and milk mixture. Once the yeast has dissolved, add the rest of the mixture, salt, sugar, and 500 grams of the flour, and beat until you obtain a dough.
- Slowly add the rest of the flour and mix until the dough separates from the bowl.
- Sprinkle flour over the dough, cover it with a kitchen towel, and let it sit for 30 minutes in a warm place.
- Preheat the oven to 250 degrees Celsius.
- Beat the dough and sprinkle flour on it until it is easy to remove it from your hands.
- Place the dough on the countertop and flatten it using a rolling pin.
- Mix 100 grams butter, 80 grams sugar, and the cinnamon in a small bowl, and spread it over the dough.
- Roll the dough and cut slices about 2 centimeters each.
- Place the rolls on a cooking tray lined with parchment paper and let them sit for 30 minutes.
- Brush the egg over the cinnamon rolls, bake for 5 to 10 minutes, remove them from the oven, let them cool off, and serve.
PER SERVING *
|Calories190Calories from Fat50|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat50|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.