- 2 packages active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup warm water (105 to 120°F)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup Crisco All-Vegetable Shortening
- 2 large eggs (lightly beaten)
- 4 1/2 cups bread flour (White Lily® Enriched Unbleached)
- Crisco Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup corn syrup
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 4 tablespoons butter (softened)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- DISSOLVE yeast in warm water in large bowl; set aside.
- HEAT milk, 1/2 cup granulated sugar, salt and shortening in saucepan to 115°F. Do not boil. Stir milk mixture and eggs into yeast mixture. Beat in 2 cups flour. Stir in enough remaining flour to make a soft dough.
- TURN onto lightly floured surface. Knead 5 minutes, adding 1 tablespoon flour at a time, as needed, to prevent sticking. Form into ball.
- SPRAY a large bowl with no-stick cooking spray. Place dough in bowl, turning to coat surface. Cover with damp cloth. Let rise in warm place 1 1/2 hours or until double in size.
- MELT 1/2 cup butter in each of two 13 x 9 x 2-inch pans. Stir in half of brown sugar, corn syrup and pecans in each pan. Set aside.
- ROLL half of dough into 15 x 13 inch rectangle. Spread with 2 tablespoons butter. Mix 1/2 cup sugar and 2 teaspoons cinnamon; sprinkle evenly over butter. Roll dough, jelly roll fashion, from long side. Seal seam; cut roll into 15 (1-inch) slices. Place slices into pan on top of brown sugar mixture. Repeat with remaining dough, placing in second pan.
- COVER pans with warm, damp, lint-free cloth or plastic wrap. Let rise in a warm place 30 minutes or until double in size. (An indention made with finger will remain in place.)
- HEAT oven to 375°F. Bake 25 to 30 minutes. Invert pans onto wax paper-lined trays; leave pans in place 5 minutes before removing. Serve warm.
|Calories240Calories from Fat100|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat100|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.