These cinnamon rolls are perfect for enjoying on a slow and sleepy weekend morning. The dough comes together fairly easily and then it is sprinkled with a mixture of cinnamon and sugar which creates a flavorful and caramelized spiral. This recipe does take some time to prepare, so you can relax a little bit in between steps. The aroma of the yeasted dough and the cinnamon filling are sure to fill your house and will wake any lagging sleepy heads.
- 2 eggs (at room temperature + 1 for brushing)
- 250 milliliters milk (warm)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 50 grams sugar
- 700 grams wheat flour
- 100 grams softened butter
- 1 packet baker's yeast
- Mix milk, salt, sugar and butter together in a bowl.
- Add the two eggs and the yeast and stir well.
- Add the flour and stir until it loosens from the sides of the bowl.
- Transfer dough to a floured surface and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Cut the dough into 7 equal pieces.
- With each bit of dough, make rolls about 20 cm long and 3 fingers wide.
- Beat the remaining egg with 1 teaspoon of yellow sugar and brush the surface of the dough strips.
- Then sprinkle with cinnamon and yellow sugar to taste.
- Roll and then place the rolls in a tray lined with parchment paper.
- Brush the surface of all rolls with the remaining egg with sugar.
- Place in the oven at 50 ° C for 20 minutes and then raise the temperature to 200 ° C for 25 minutes.