This sweet treat will definitely please anyone. A wonderful breakfast or a delicious dessert. Easy and fun to make for anyone.
- 2 1/4 teaspoons yeast
- 1/2 cup warm water (105-115 degrees)
- 1/2 cup luke warm (scalded then cooled)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup shortening
- 1 teaspoon salt.
- 1 egg
- 3 1/2 to 4 cups flour.
- Dissolve yeast in warm water in large bowl
- Stir in milk, sugar, shortening, salt, egg and 2 cups of flour.
- beat with mixer until smooth.
- Mix in enough remaining flour to make dough easy to handle.
- Turn dough onto lightly floured surface, knead until smooth and elastic (5 minutes)
- Place in greased bowl turn grease side up.
- let rise for 20 minutes
- punch down
- Roll dough into rectangle on a lightly floured surface.
- Spread with margarin
- Mix 1/2 cup sugar with cinnamon, sprinkle over rectangle.
- Roll up tightly beginning on long side, pinch edge of dough.
- cut into 12 slices
- Place in greased pan
- Bake at 375 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes.
Sara K. 8 months ago
Very nice but a bit heavy