Chef Michael Symon updates the common cranberry chutney for this holiday season. Serve as part of Ginger-Crusted Pork Cutlets with a Cinnamon Orange-Cranberry Chutney and Wilted Arugula. Recipe courtesy of Chef Michael Symon, on behalf of The National Pork Board
- 1 1/2 cups fresh cranberries (OR frozen)
- 1 1/2 cups orange juice
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 shallot (small, minced)
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 1 tablespoon chives (finely chopped)
- 2 teaspoons lime zest (from 1 lime)
- 5 teaspoons honey
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch pepper (freshly ground)
- Combine cranberries, orange juice, vinegar, shallot and garlic in non-reactive, medium saucepan. Bring to boil; reduce heat to medium. Simmer about 20 minutes or just until liquid has evaporated.
- Remove from heat. Stir in chives, honey, lime zest, salt and pepper.
- Serves 8 (about 4 to 5 teaspoons per serving).