- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons McCormick Cinnamon (Ground)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter (softened)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar (packed)
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons McCormick Pure Vanilla Extract
- 4 cups sugar (confectioners’)
- 6 tablespoons warm water
- 3 tablespoons meringue powder
- 1 teaspoon McCormick Pure Vanilla Extract
- food colors
- For the Cookie Pops, mix flour, cinnamon, baking powder and salt in medium bowl. Set aside. Beat butter and sugars in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla; mix well. Gradually beat in flour mixture on low speed until well mixed. Refrigerate dough 1 hour or until firm.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Roll out dough on lightly floured surface to 1/2-inch thickness. Cut into shapes with cookie cutters. Insert lollipop sticks into each cookie. Place 1 inch apart on parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Refrigerate 20 minutes.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on baking sheets 1 minute. Remove to wire racks; cool completely.
- For the Royal Icing, beat confectioners’ sugar, water, meringue powder and vanilla in large bowl with electric mixer until stiff peaks form. For stand mixer, beat on low speed 7 to 10 minutes. For hand mixer, beat on high speed 10 to 12 minutes. Divide icing into small bowls. Tint with desired food colors. Spread or pipe icing onto cookies.