Remove All from Shopping List
- Preheat the KitchenAid® Waffle Baker. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the whole wheat flour, all purpose flour, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt. In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, butter or oil, and maple syrup.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients, pour in the wet, then stir with a fork or rubber spatula just until combined. The batter will be somewhat lumpy.
- Bake the waffles until golden, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Once cool, cut into sections, then arrange in a single layer on a parchment-lined baking sheet. If needed, lay a second piece of parchment paper on top, then add a second layer of waffles. Place in the freezer to harden completely, about 4-6 hours.
- Once frozen, place the waffles in a ziptop bag, poke a straw half way into one end of the bag, then seal up to the straw. Use the straw to suck out any excess air, then quickly remove the straw and seal the bag the rest of the way. Place the bag in the freezer and store up to 2 months.
- When ready to cook, toast in your KitchenAid® 4-Slice Long Slot Toaster. Depending upon your desired level of waffle color, you may want to microwave the waffle for 30-45 seconds first to heat the middle before using the toaster to crisp the outside. Enjoy warm.
|Calories650Calories from Fat260|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat260|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.