Cinnamon is a savory spice that is perfect in these Cinnamon Christmas Cookies. The aromatic and hearty spice makes these sweet and buttery cookies a must-make confection. What better way to show up to a family event than to bring some rich and beau…
iful cookies to share? These cookies are topped with a light and sweet icing that is perfect to make different colors by adding your favorite food coloring. Happy baking!
- 250 grams softened butter
- 250 grams sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla sugar
- 2 eggs
- 5 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 500 grams flour
- 1 egg white
- confectioner's sugar
- food coloring (different, powders)
- In a bowl, beat butter with sugar and vanilla sugar to a pale cream.
- Add eggs, and mix until smooth.
- Add cinnamon, mix.
- Stir in the flour, then knead by hand to form big ball of dough. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 3 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Roll out the dough and cut out small cookies with a cookie cutter. Arrange on a silicon mat or parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- For the icing, beat an egg white with some confectioner's sugar (add the amount of icing sugar depending on desired consistency).
- Add food coloring powder to icing as desired, then decorate the cookies.