You have been commissioned to provide the sweet treat at the next coffee with friends or book club meeting. Now you have to make the best snack possible. Try this Cinnamon Brioche Loaf, which takes 105 minutes to prepare. While it does take time, the wait is worth it. This recipe combines the buttery decadence of the cake with savory cinnamon for a wonderful dessert option. Your friends will beg for this recipe.
- 7 grams instant yeast
- 80 milliliters milk (warm)
- 465 grams all-purpose flour
- 165 grams granulated sugar
- 235 grams butter (very soft)
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Pour yeast and milk into the mixer bowl, stir, and let stand for 5 minutes. Then add the flour, 55 grams of sugar, and 175 grams of butter.
- Using the dough hook, knead the dough for 1 minute at slow speed. Then, add the eggs, one by one, and knead 5 minutes in faster speed to obtain a very homogeneous dough.
- Leave the dough in a bowl covered with plastic wrap for 1 hour. The dough will double in volume.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface. It must form a rectangle of 50X25 centimeters. Cut them into 5 rectangular strips.
- In a bowl place 60 grams of melted butter.
- In a different bowl, mix 110 grams of sugar and the cinnamon together.
- Brush melted butter on the first rectangle, then sprinkle with the cinnamon sugar. Repeat the same process on the second and just overlay it on the first. Repeat till the last rectangle.
- Cut rectangles of dough into 6 equal strips.
- Lightly grease your cake mold (25x11cm) drop the 6 packets of dough strips one behind the other on the side. Let rise 1 hour in a warm place.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until the cake is golden. Wait 10 minutes before unmolding and let cool on a rack.
PER SERVING *
|Calories1060Calories from Fat470|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat470|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.