- 3 2/3 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 packet dry yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 12 tablespoons butter (softened)
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- fresh raspberries (for ganish)
- Mix together the flour, 1/4 cup of sugar, the yeast, and salt. Melt 3 tbsp of butter in a small saucepan over a low heat, pour in the milk and 1/4 cup of water and remove pan from heat. Add the milk mixture and the eggs to the flour mixture and knead with the dough hook of a hand mixer to make a smooth dough. Cover, and let dough rise in a warm place for 1 hour until it's doubled in size.
- Cut a strip of parchment paper to a width of 8 inches. Line a 8 x 4 inch loaf pan with the parchment paper, leaving some of the paper over the edge of the pan.
- Knead the dough briefly and roll it out on a floured surface into a rectangle about 12 x 20 inches. Spread it with 6 tbsp of butter and cut it into 5 equal strips roughly 4 x 12 inches. Mix 6 tbsp of sugar with the cinnamon and sprinkle the mixture evenly on the dough. Set the strips of dough one on top of the other and cut them into 4 pieces. Put the dough pieces upright in the loaf pan and loosen the layers with a knife or by hand. Cover and let rise in a warm place for 30 mins.
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Bake the loaf for 35-45 mins. After about 20 mins, distribute the remaining 3 tbsp of butter in flakes around the loaf. If necessary, cover the cake with foil towards the end.
- Take the cake from the oven, let it rest in the pan for about 20 mins, then turn it out of the pan and cover with a tea towel and let cool. Serve the cake garnished with raspberries.
PER SERVING *
|Calories170Calories from Fat70|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat70|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Jason Braun 8 May 2016
Great stuff! I followed the directions as they are, first time messing around with bread and baking in general, big hit in the house.