Have you always wondered how to make your own Cinnamon Braided Donuts? Well this recipe will tell you how! Cinnamon Braided Donuts are pretty easy to make and a kids favorite sweet treat. Cinnamon Braided Donuts are usually prepared as a breakfast meal but can also be served as a late night treat. Cinnamon Braided Donuts are perfect for family as finger foods and for functions where you are asked to bring a dessert. Let us know your thoughts in the comments below or rate this recipe.
- 500 grams flour
- 7 grams yeast
- 100 grams sugar
- 10 grams salt
- 100 grams vegetable shortening
- 100 grams butter
- 2 eggs
- 100 milliliters water
- 15 grams ground cinnamon
- On the center of a table or countertop, make a small mound of flour and yeast.
- Place the sugar, salt, vegetable shortening, and butter in the center and mix the ingredients together by hand, making sure to add a little bit of the surrounding yeast and flour to the mixture.
- Once everything is completely mixed, add the eggs and continue mixing everything until a mass of dough begins to form. If necessary you may add some water if the dough appears to be too dry.
- Begin kneading the dough until it becomes soft and elastic, then add the cinnamon and continue kneading until the dough and cinnamon have completely mixed together.
- Prepare a baking tray by covering it with cooking spray or vegetable shortening.
- Begin separating the dough into small, round portions that weigh about 70 grams each.
- Separate each piece of dough into two pieces and roll the dough out into long portions about 20–30 cm in length.
- Begin twisting or braiding these portions of dough together and then close them off into a round, donut shape.
- Once you have all of the donuts prepares, place them in a tray or large plate and let them sit in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- As the the donuts are sitting in the refrigerator, preheat the oven to 200C.
- Place the donuts on the baking tray, make sure each donut is about 1 inch apart from each other, and let them bake for 20 minutes.
- Once the donuts are baked, cover them in a mixture of sugar and cinnamon, let them cool off for a few minutes, and then enjoy.
PER SERVING *
|Calories310Calories from Fat140|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat140|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.