- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 10 tablespoons unsalted butter (chilled, cut into 1 inch pieces)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 tablespoons ice water
- 2 Honeycrisp apples (large, peeled and cored)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 eggs (beaten for egg wash)
- 5 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In the mini-bowl of a KitchenAid® ProLine® 16 cup Food Processor, process the flour, sugar, and salt for 3 seconds.
- Add in the butter and process 45 seconds until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- With the motor running, pour the vanilla and 2 tablespoons of water through the feed tube and process until the dough begins to form a ball. Remove dough from the bowl and form into a disc. Wrap tightly with plastic wrap and chill for one half hour.
- While dough is chilling, remove the mini-bowl and blade, and place the slicing disc into the work bowl set to the 6th notch from the left. Use the small food pusher to feed the apples through to slice.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place the apples in a large bowl and toss with the lemon juice, brown sugar, and cinnamon. Allow to macerate for 20-30 minutes. Meanwhile mix together all of the crumb topping ingredients in a small bowl and set aside.
- Remove dough from the refrigerator and roll out to 1/4 inch thickness on a lightly floured surface. Place dough round onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Layer the apples overtop dough leaving a one inch border. Sprinkle crumb topping evenly over the apples and fold the edge of the dough in, pinching lightly to secure. Brush the edges of the crostata with the egg wash and bake for 35-40 minutes until lightly browned.
- Tip: As an alternative, use Bosc pears instead of apples, and add 3 tablespoons of shredded sharp cheddar cheese to the crumb topping mixture.
Apple CrostataBarefoot Contessa
Strawberry CrostataBuns in my Oven
Fresh Pear CakeRecipes and Ramblings With The Tumbleweed Contessa
Strawberry CrostataDelish D'Lites
Rustic Apple CrostataCulinary Cory
Easy Fresh Pear CobblerThe Spruce
Fresh Pear and Ginger CrumbleNoble Pig
Apple CrostataSavoury Table
Fresh Pear Cake with Whipped Brown Sugar ButtercreamA baJillian Recipes
Apple-licious CrostataJill Silverman Hough
Cinnamon Apple CrostataKitchenAid
FRESH PEAR CAKEThe Southern Lady Cooks
Apple CrostataGood Housekeeping
Apple Crostata with Cinnamon PastryCookistry
Blueberry CrostataPanini Girl
Fresh Pear PieCathy's Gluten Free
Fresh Pear CakeTaylor Made Ranch