®/™©2022 Yummly. All rights reserved.Part of the Whirlpool Corp. family of brands
This online merchant is located in the United States at 883 E. San Carlos Ave. San Carlos, CA 94070.
MSRP is the Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price, which may differ from actual selling prices in your area.
Cilantro-Sugar Rubbed Pork Medallions with Spicy Habanero ButterPORK
Cilantro-Sugar Rubbed Pork Medallions with Spicy Habanero Butter
On a scale of 1 to 10, habanero chiles come in at 10+ rating as one of the hottest chiles. And when comparing the flavor and sophistication of dishes, this glazed pork doesn’t fall short either – it too makes a 10+ rating. Enjoy…
By Chef Kevin Rathbun of Rathbun’s restaurant in Atlanta, Ga.
- For habanero butter, stir together 1/2 cup butter, 2 tablespoons cilantro, and the chile In small bowl until well combined. The natural oils in chiles can burn your skin and eyes. When working with chiles, wear plastic gloves or sandwich bags over your hands to protect your skin, and be sure not to touch your eyes. Afterwards, wash your hands in soapy water. Transfer the butter mixture to a piece of plastic wrap. Using the plastic wrap, form a 3-inch log. Wrap; place in freezer about 15 minutes or until firm enough to slice.
- For pork medallions, cut each pork tenderloin into four 3-ounce pieces. Place four of the pork pieces between two large pieces of plastic wrap. Using the flat side of a meat mallet, pound each to 1/4-inch thickness. Repeat two more times with remaining pork pieces. Cover and refrigerate pork medallions while preparing rub.
- For cilantro-sugar rub, place 1/4 cup cilantro, the brown sugar, oil, garlic, salt and paprika in food processor container. Cover and process for 1 minute. Rub or spread about 1/2 tsp of rub mixture on each side of each pork medallion.
- Prepare a medium-hot fire in grill. Grill pork medallions, uncovered, over direct heat for 4-6 minutes or until no the internal temperature reaches 145 degrees F., turning medallions over halfway through cooking.
- While pork is cooking, cut butter log into 1/4-inch-thick slices. Place one butter patty on each pork medallion. Grill just until butter begins to melt. Remove pork medallions from grill and let rest 3-5 minutes before serving.