Cilantro-Sugar Rubbed Pork Medallions with Spicy Habanero ButterPork
On a scale of 1 to 10, habanero chiles come in at 10+ rating as one of the hottest chiles. And when comparing the flavor and sophistication of dishes, this glazed pork doesn’t fall short either – it too makes a 10+ rating. Enjoy!
- 3 pork tenderloin (12-ounces each)
- 1/2 cup butter (softened, 1 stick)
- 2 tablespoons cilantro (finely chopped)
- 2 teaspoons habanero (OR serrano chile, seeded and minced *)
- 1/4 cup cilantro (chopped, loosely packed, about 1/4 ounce)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar (packed)
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic (peeled and coarsely chopped OR 2 teaspoons bottled minced garlic)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1For habanero butter, stir together butter, 2 tablespoons cilantro, and the chile in small bowl until well combined. Transfer the butter mixture to a piece of plastic wrap. Using the plastic wrap, form a 3-inch log. Wrap; place in freezer about 15 minutes or until firm enough to slice.
- 2For pork medallions, cut each pork tenderloin into four 3-ounce pieces. Place four of the pork pieces between two large pieces of plastic wrap. Using the flat side of a meat mallet, pound each to 1/4-inch thickness. Repeat two more times with remaining pork pieces. Cover and refrigerate pork medallions while preparing rub.
- 3For cilantro-sugar rub, place 1/4 cup cilantro, the brown sugar, oil, garlic, salt and paprika in food processor container. Cover and process for 1 minute. Rub or spread about 1/2 teaspoon of rub mixture on each side of each pork medallion.
- 4Prepare a medium-hot fire in grill. Grill pork medallions, uncovered, over direct heat for 4-6 minutes or until no the internal temperature reaches 145 degrees F., turning medallions over halfway through cooking.
- 5While pork is cooking, cut butter log into 1/4-inch-thick slices. Place one butter patty on each pork medallion. Grill just until butter begins to melt. Remove pork medallions from grill and let rest 3-5 minutes before serving.
PER SERVING *
|Calories570Calories from Fat320|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat320|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.