- 1 cup long grain white rice
- 2 cups chicken stock (or broth)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt (divided)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper (plus a pinch)
- 3 limes
- 4 green onions (cut into quarters)
- 1 cup cilantro (packed)
- Place rice, chicken stock, butter, 1/2 tsp salt, and 1/4 tsp black pepper in a 2 quart saucepan and bring rice/liquid to a boil. Immediately lower heat to simmer and let cook for 20 minutes covered on setting 4. Don’t use the sensor boil for the rice.
- Place the lime juice, green onions, cilantro, remaining 1/4 tsp salt and a pinch of pepper in a food processor bowl and blend on high until mixture turns into a puree. Place pureed mixture in a bowl and set aside at room temperature to add to cooked rice.
- When rice has finished cooking remove the pan from the heat. Toss rice with a fork and add the cilantro- lime puree and stir to mix thoroughly. Place prepared rice in a serving bowl to serve immediately. Garnish with chopped cilantro.